Molly Joyful’s Joyful Yuletide Contest!
‘t is the season to be jolly!
And also time for
MOLLY JOYFUL’S JOYFUL YULETIDE CONTEST!
Gentlefolk with a keen interest in all things naval (as well as all other gentlefolk reading this journal) are cordially invited to participate in our annual contest and hopefully win a Yuletide parcel containing the following:
1 x book “Naval Wives & Mistresses” by Margarette Lincoln
An innovative study of naval women who stayed at home while their men went to sea. Focusing on the second half of the eighteenth century, a period when Britain was almost continuously at war, this book looks at different social groups, from the aristocratic elite to the labouring and criminal poor, prostitutes and petty thieves. Drawing on a range of material from personal letters to trial reports, from popular prints to love tokens, it exposes the personal cost of warfare and imperial ambition. Published by the National Maritime Museum.
1 x “Nelson Writing Set”
A writing set containing 10 sheets of ecru writing paper and 10 envelopes in a presentation wallet. The paper is watermarked with the battle plan of Trafalgar and there is a special feature of Nelson’s hand drawn battle plan on the reverse of the envelope – the original having been recently discovered in the archive of the National Maritime Museum’s archive.
1 x L’Occitane en Provence: Bougie parfumée “Cerise Gourmande”
Sweet cherry scented candle from L’Occitane, Miss Molly Joyful’s preferred suppliers of all things beautifying and lovely scented. L’Occitane is a French company, known for cosmetics of best quality. They support local production and don’t test their products on animals. I joyfully approve!
And because Christmas wouldn’t be Christmas without sweets, you’ll also get some chocolate!
And what do you have to do to win such lovely gifts?
Just send an email to
joyful_molly at yahoo.co.uk
and answer the following question:
“What was the name of Vice Admiral Cuthbert Collingwood’s dog?”
Deadline: 15 December, 2009, midnight GMT.
Please read the following rules before you send off your mail.
1. By participating in this contest, you confirm that you have read, understood and accepted the rules.
2. You have to be at least 18 years old to participate.
3. Please be fair: only send in one mail per person.
4. No cash pay-out of your prize.
5. No correspondence will be held over the outcome of the contest.
6. If you are the winner, you’ll have to provide us with your name and address.
7. We’ll send your prize out asap, but have no influence on postal services. We hope your parcel will be with you before Christmas, though.
8. Should, for any reason beyond our control, one of the prizes not be available, we’ll replace it with a different prize of the same value.
Entry filed under: 18th century, art, books, community, cuthbert collingwood, nelson, news, resource, royal navy, ships. Tags: 18th century, age of sail, art, books, christmas, community, contest, cuthbert collingwood, hms victory, horatio nelson, nelson, royal navy, ships, tall ships, trafalgar, victory, writing, yuletide.